DirecTV deceptions -why isn't something done? - DirecTV service
It is true - DirecTV lies. Their representatives tell you anything to get you to subscribe and then pull the rug out from under your feet when it is time to deliver. We have never been satisfied with DirecTV service. It seems every time the wind blows, DirecTV went out.
Again, we were assured that technology had advanced so that the dish would not cause outages. I just ended my first year contract and called to cancel and I was told I had "signed" a 2 year contract. I specifically remember asking the representative about when the contract could be cancelled if we were dissatisfied. He responded "after the first year".
I also asked about pricing after the first year (because I could see DirecTV giving a good rate on year 1 and then upping the rate on year 2.) I was assured it was a 2 year price lock. I was told there would be a $240. cancelation fee. I asked to see a copy of the "contract" and was told it would be sent via email.
I also asked if my signature was on this "contract". No, DirecTV stated that they sent an email and that constituted my agreement to the contract. WHAT????? Is that even legal?
I asked what were my options to avoid the cancelation fee. I was told first that if the service as not reliable (outages), and DirecTV couldn't fix it, I could cancel. The representative said I should have a serviceman come "adjust" the satellite and that would fix it. I called to place a service call and was told that I had no warranty and it would cost $99.
or $7.99 per month if I wanted it serviced. Oh, and yes, the price for DirecTV for the second year doubled.
I would like to know: HOW CAN SO MANY AMERICANS have complaints and what is the gov't.doing about it?
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More DirecTV reviews
- Payed my bill a week ago haven't posted yet
- Bait and Switch Tactics
- BILLING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS
- Remote Control Problem
- Won't give me back my money!
- Broken verbal agrement
- Excellent Customer Service Agent Josh
- Directv network and support issues
- DirecTV Customer Service
- Lack of program channels
- Inappropriate Installation
- WORST CUSTOMER SERIVICE EXP. EVER!!!!
- Out for Money... Ridiculous Service
- DirecTV - Confirms Appointment Twice on Day of "Installation" Doesn't Show/No...
- DirectTv - NO LONGHORN NETWORK!
- DIRECTV Lazy Employees
- Sales rep/intstallers Directv services.
- I got screwed by DirecTV, Wild Blue, ViaSat, XCeed Internet
- 30 Months of Fraudlent Billing
- Direct tv months of fraudlent billing
- Directv is rubbing me
- Waiting since December 12, 2016 Directv Acct. 64847430
- We allege Directv consistently overcharged on monthly bill
- Directv / viacom
- DirecTV reviews
- DirecTV Customer Service
- Directv is Great!
- Directv scams you
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you