Pricing consideration for long time customers - "Ultimate Package" $145/mo vs $75/mo
I am paying over $145/mo. for their "Ultimate Package", which includes channels that I do not watch and do not want. [My pricing was for $97.95 plus $37 in equipment feeds plus taxes).
When I saw an offer for new customers (for the same package I have) at $75/mo including equipment fees I called their Service Center.
(1) I Called on 03/04/2017 at 2:02pm and asked about the Internet offer and if I could also obtain the same $75 pricing. Was initially told NO, it was only for new customers. When I pointed out that I was a long time customer and wanted some consideration, the agent (Christopher R.) left the phone for about 5 min. When he returned to the phone, he told me that they could give me that package at the $75 as noted from their on-line ad. He told me I would receive a credit in the mail and not to pay my $145 bill.
(2) I waited over a week and received nothing in the mail, so I checked my DirecTV account on-line.. no credit, nothing. I then placed another call to DirecTV's service center.
I explained to the first agent that I was promised a credit AND the Ultimate Package for $75/mo. Agent checked their customer logs. They only had a record that I called, but no comments were added by the agent. They told me that the offer was for new customers only. When I protested, I was transferred to a team lead ("Ivy"). She reiterated what the first agent told am and could not give me the same package at the $75 price. I Was again told-- "New Customers only". When I explained what I was told on my first call and what I was promised, the only comment I received was "I apologize for the misunderstanding". Good grief, I was lied to, it was not a misunderstanding. I received the same response from their manager ("Tasha").
I was offered $30 off my bill for 12 months, then my rate returns to $145/mo.
No one was concerned that I was lied to by the first agent, probably just to get me off the phone. I doubt that anyone will go to their recorded log to listen to my conversation with their agent.
DirecTV does not care if you are a long time customer. They apparently only want your money.
After months I am going to leave DirecTV.
I would send this to a more senior manager at DirecTV, but doubt anything would change.
So I am paying $145/mo as a 13yr DirecTV customer, while a new customer obtains the same package, same equipment for $75. Great customer service. That's $840/yr more than I should be paying.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More DIRECTV reviews
- My technicians
- LaCrosse is not a sport?
- Additional cable box
- Direct TV
- cancellation fee
- TV and internet
- Direct tv took money out of my account. When I called about it the supervisor refused to talk to me
- pissed off
- Red Zone channel
- channel guide
- I'd like to warn anyone considering directv
- Horrible customer service
- Billing Issue Resolution
- jokey's men's briefs 3 pair pkg with pricing from manufacturer
- Comcast Promo Pricing
- Triple Play pricing
- Good Sales person
- Charter Lies about Internet Pricing
- Pricing is Out of Control
- Sprint does not treat loyal customer the same as those that new
- Bank of America - Notary Services for long time customers
- Do not buy if you need prescription lenses. The cost is ridiculous!
- American Dragon
- Poor Customer Service to Existing Customers
- Poor Customer Service for Existing Customers
- Business Class International tickets
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you